Saturday, January 18, 2014

if he doesn't cry when i walk down the aisle, i'm doing it again.


 "If he doesn't cry when I walk down the aisle, I'm doing it again"

So I have been slacking on the updates. I really don't know what I was thinking when I decided to get a blog because when school is in session, I really have NO time to keep up with this. But I figured this summer I will be able to update more, and some on the weekends - like today.

So I have decided to dedicate this post to my husband. Sometimes I don't give him enough credit for the things that he has done in my life, and how truly amazing he really is.

We met back in 2007 & have been dating ever since.
This was our first picture we ever took together & it was taken the night of our first date & the night we "officially" became a couple:





Jonathan is my best friend, he always has been. We've been together since we were 16 years old; technically I had just turned 17 but who's counting.
Jonathan & I went through a lot together, but we always overcame it. always. We were there for each other no matter what, and when he popped the question on December 25, 2012, I was so speechless I forgot to say yes at first. I was crying so hard, and then it hit me - he just proposed to me! YES! YES! YES! of course! I couldn't imagine spending my life with anyone else.



Jonathan cried too, and that's what made it so special.

So I wanted to share some photos of him on our wedding day. No one really pays attention to the groom on the big day because it's supposed to be "all about the bride" but I wanted as many pictures of Jonathan as possible, and my photographer did just that for me. I felt that the day was as much his as it was mine, and his face was better to photograph than mine. Words cannot express the emotions that were going through his head, but these photos captured them pretty well.




 And these were his face as he first saw me start walking down the aisle. These mean the absolute most to me & I think these are the most powerful photos ever:

 Yes he cried. & when he cried, so did every single person in the audience, as well as me. I was fine until I seen him, and he was crying & then I lost it:







I wanted nothing more than to marry a man who loved me, & God blessed me so when he gave me Jonathan. These photos show so much love (&nerves) on his face, and I love this man more than anything, more than words can describe.

He's my better half.

 & if you have a better half, give him a kiss & show him how much you love him too!




No comments:

Post a Comment