Thursday, January 2, 2014

I've changed a few times since then.




"I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then."


  •  It is already 2 days into the new year and I have only set one resolution for myself: finish my novel that I started writing. Everyday I start working on it and then I change my mind about it and get irritated and upset and quit. I only have 2 chapters completed, and I really can't wait to finish it. Maybe soon I'll post a draft online for everyone to read.. or maybe not, I'm kind of a big chicken about critics. But I've always dreamed of writing a novel and I know I have the ability to do so, I just don't know exactly how good it will turn out. This is my ultimate inspiration & I view it everyday to motivate me:

  •  Next on my list of random topics today:
    My NYE! Which was spent with my husband and his two best friends:

    I read on my iPad while they played xbox one all night. They did however take a small intermission to watch the ball drop on tv, so Jonathan could give me a new year's kiss, and then we went outside and shot guns, so typical of us. 
  •  My husband and I did spend our first day of the new year together coyote hunting. It was a little too windy and we didn't see anything. I was disappointed, we wanted to bring in the new year with a bang, literally.
  • So in the past three days I have read 2 different Ellen Hopkins novels, and I have found myself utterly disgusted by them. Yes, they are intriguing and once you start reading them you have to finish them, but I really don't know how I used to sit and read her kind of novels whenever I was younger. Maybe when you're immature you don't take things as seriously or something I am not that sure. Yet, I realized that I wasted a total of $25 on two books that just made me question the world that we live in, rather than inspire me in some way.
  • I was browsing around on Pinterest this morning only to discover this delicious looking recipe for crock pot roast: 
    http://pinningwithmrspennington.blogspot.com/2013/09/crockpot-roast.html
    I am planning on cooking this tomorrow while my husband is at work and surprising him with it whenever he gets home. Our only problem is I need to go to the grocery store and yet we are under a winter storm warning, but that's the good thing about my mountain man that I married - he just loves snow & driving in it. So I asked him about an hour ago to take me to the store and he said he would later, which I know he is just waiting for the snow to fall & then out the door we will go. I like driving around in the snow too, but sometimes it can be dangerous & a bit scary.
  • Last on my list of random topics; medicine advice?
    I have had a chronic cough now for well around 3 months or so. I've been to the doctor twice. The first time they prescribed me allergy pills, cough pearls, and steroids. I took those for a month and still didn't improve. So I had a chest x-ray which came back normal, so signs of asthma or pneumonia, so they put me on doxycycline. Since I have been taking this wretched pill, I have been sick 3 times. The doctors told me to take it on an empty stomach and I got sick twice, then I take it with food for several days and then last night it made me sick all over again, and the worse part is that my cough is still not getting any better. I would just really like to return to school next week without this stupid, irritating cough. But it seems as if I may just be out of luck :(

    Sorry for just a random post, I just felt like since I didn't update in a couple days this was much needed.



2 comments:

  1. I am a great creeper of blogs and I am loving yours! The naked tutorial was great. Medical school has driven me to give up make-up but I love to see people that can make it look so amazing. I hope you do more tutorials. Sorry to hear about the cough, sounds like bronchitis. Brent just had it and it nearly drove us both crazy. Robitussin and sudafed were all that helped him. I also heard people at home say brandy really helps. Just wanted to stop in and say that I love the blog. Keep up the good work!
    -Rachel Belcher Mullins

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! i love receiving positive feedback, it means a lot to me! :)

      Delete